A very Happy New Year!
The Tune Into English Roadshow
– In December Speak Up published a video interview about the Roadshow’s Tenth Anniversary.
– This year’s tour is about to recommence – I look forward to meeting you and your students in 2016!
“The best ESL experience ever!” – Prof.ssa Antonella Porcu, Liceo Scientifico “G. Spano”, Sassari
January’s New Downloadable Worksheets
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
This worksheet attempts to analyse the lyrics of this classic, which spent nine weeks at Number One in the UK in December 1975 and January 1976, despite guitarist Brian May’s assertion that it is “beyond analysis”.
Hot N Cold – Katy Perry
To celebrate the Roadshow’s 10th anniversary, each month we are publishing a worksheet for one song from each tour. This song was in the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 shows, and the worksheet focuses on opposites.
The Golden Dustman
A true Cockney is born within the sound of the East End of London’s Bow Bells, just like the author of this worksheet. ELT guru Roy Boardman wrote these activities which look at the local rhyming slang.
Over 275 Downloadable worksheets now online
Most of the worksheets have been written by your colleagues – perhaps you have prepared one and want to share it?
Speak Up Explains
– Over 9,500 Karaoke songs
– Sing along with this week’s UK Top 10 on Speak Up
– Notes From An ELT Consultant – free to Supporters of the site!
– Once – 48-page Film Worksheet
– Summer schools in Ireland
– The Tune Into English T-shirt
– Tune Into English on facebook
I wish you and your families a very Happy New Year.
The web’s largest free resource for learning English through pop music!
(Now mobile and iPad friendly)