The first ever full recording of the Tune Into English Roadshow will begin streaming on Thursday, May 5th – and due to popular demand will remain online for one week, until Wednesday, May 11th. Recorded during two shows in Puglia in January this year, this 110-minute video will be available for free for seven days, after which it will become part of the Tune Subscription plans. It has been a very difficult year and it has not been possible to present the show very often, so this is the ideal opportunity to bring the show to your students this year.
The Roadshow will visit Rome in May and I would of course be delighted to come to your school. Remember that the online Game Show is also available for smaller groups.
“The best ESL experience ever!” – Prof.ssa Antonella Porcu, Liceo Scientifico “G. Spano”, Sassari
May’s Downloadable Worksheets
I Think You Oughta Try Whiskey – Corb Lund (feat. Jaida Dreyer)
The 21st May is World Whiskey Day, and this worksheet, submitted by regular contributor Maria Gulczynska, Ancona, features a discussion on alcohol use.
Most of the worksheets have been written by your colleagues – perhaps you have prepared one and want to share it?
The Song on Speak Up
In the May issue of Speak Up, Tune’s monthly column looks at the story behind and the language used in in the most famous Eurovision winner ever, Waterloo by ABBA. You can read previous columns online here.
– Over 14,500 Karaoke songs
– Sing along with this week’s UK Top 10 on Speak Up
– Pop Music Vocabulary – 20 short videos
– Notes From An ELT Consultant – free to Supporters of the site!
– Once – 48-page Film Worksheet
– Summer schools in Ireland
– The Tune Into English T-shirt
– Ten Years of The Tune Into English Roadshow – the book
– Tune Into English on YouTube
– Tune Into English on facebook
– tuneintoenglish on Instagram
– tuneintoenglish on Tiktok
Thank you to all for supporting the website, and particularly to those who have signed up for the weekly exclusive content.
Best wishes, stay safe,
The web’s largest free resource for learning English through pop music!