The Cranberries – War Child
- Activity types: Vocabulary (opposites), Listening for specific words, gap fill
- Level: Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate
- Language: Tense Review
- Note: This song was released on the 1996 album To The Faithful Departed. The Cranberries’ most popular song, Zombie, was written in memory of Jonathan Ball, aged 3, and Tim Parry, aged 12, killed in an IRA bombing in Warrington in 1993. There is also a worksheet for this song on www.tuneintoenglish.com.
The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child - Child Soldiers
- Activity types: Discussion, reading texts, Internet search, watching films
- Level: Intermediate
- Language: Talking about children’s rights; reading and discussing the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child; reporting news; summarizing
- Note: The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) is a comprehensive, internationally binding agreement on the rights of children, adopted by the UN General Assembly on 20th November 1989. It incorporates children’s civil and political rights (like their treatment under the law), social, economic and cultural rights (like an adequate standard of living) and protection rights (from abuse and exploitation).
A child is defined in the UNCRC as a person under the age of 18.
Worksheet written by Prof. Mena Bianco, Naples
Embedding disabled? Double click on the video.
Video removed? Please let us know!